Whether you are creating a short video clip for social networks or a full-length video on the PC, picking the best video editing software for Windows is important for the success of the video project.
New capabilities are constantly moving from professional-level software to the consumer category. That’s why Windows video editing software should support progressive HEVC formats, 360° VR, 4K video, multi-track editing, motion tracking and advanced color grading.
These features aren’t supported by the integrated OC tools, so I have reviewed the best editing software for Windows below.
Top 12 Video Editing Software for Windows
- Adobe Premiere Pro – For professional filmmaking
- Corel VideoStudio – For transforming photos and videos into movies
- CyberLink PowerDirector – The fastest and full-featured consumer-level video editing
- Adobe Premiere Elements – For photo and video slideshows and collages
- Wondershare Filmora – Social-friendly video editor
- Pinnacle Studio – Advanced video editing and screen recording software
- Nero Video – The most affordable video editor